A great time was had at the first Menzieshill Whitehall Spring Development Meet on Sunday.
There were some medals and ribbons won plus some PBs massively improved upon.
- Maia Birse-Archbold got Silver in 100 Back with a 6 sec PB.
- Beth Greig got a ribbon for being 4th in 100 Breast.
- Nina Kerr got a 9 second PB for 100 Breast and a 7 second PB for 100 IM.
- Lilly Napier won a ribbon for being 4th in 100 Breast with a 6 sec. PB.
- Aaron Reekie got a 16 second PB for 100 Free and a ribbon for being 6th in 100 Breast.
- Kyle Simpson got Silvers for 100 Breast and 200 Breast.
- Jacob Smith got a 5 sec PB for 100 Breast. He was too fast (it is a Development Meet so you need to be below certain qualifying times) for the 100 Breast and 200 Breast so got a “speeding ticket” for both. This was even with his mum shouting at him to slow down. He did win the 200 Free too and got Gold for that!
- Ben Steel won Golds in 100 Free and 100 Back with a 9 sec PB for the Free. He also got Silver for 200 Free.
Very well done to all the swimmers who participated and thank you to the coaches and timekeepers.
Brechin Beavers were very successful at St Thomas’ inaugural swim meet. All the swimmers put in a huge amount of effort and were all very supportive of each other.
This was the first swim meet for Millie Boulcott, Lilly Napier, Aaron Reekie, Finlay Scott and Zara Simpson who all coped really well. Well done to them all.
Medals were as follows:
Amy MacDonald: Bronze for 50m Breast
Jack MacDonald: Silver for 100m IM and 50m Freestyle, Bronze for 50m Fly, 50m Breast and 50m Back and Gold for 100m Freestyle.
Rennie McMillan: Bronze for 100m IM and 100m Freestyle, Silver for 50m Fly
Finlay Scott: Bronze for 50m Freestyle
Alex Thomson: Bronze for 50m Freestyle, 50m Breast and 50m Back.
Boys’ Relay (Jack MacDonald, Kyle Simpson, Kyle Steel and Alex Thomson): Silver for 200m Freestyle and Bronze for 200m Medley.
Special mentions for Millie with a 8.7 sec PB for 50m Back, Lilly with a 7.3 sec PB for 50m Freestyle and Aaron got a 14.6 sec PB for 50m Freestyle. Louise got a 7.7 sec PB for her 50m Breast and actually PBd in four out of five of her individual races.
Heidi, Lauren, Nina and Rebekah were swimming against tough competition but gave it their all. Harry was in two races with false starts, through no fault of his own, but didn’t let it put him off. Kyle Simpson missed out on Bronze for 50m Breast by 0.16sec.
Well done to all the swimmers and here’s to the next swim meet in a few weeks’ time.