Firstly, a huge well done to everyone that competed in our inaugural Summer Splash. There were swimmers there that don’t normally participate so an especially big well done to them.
Those swimmers that did not win ribbons now have have a time to try and beat. It can be as much about a competition with yourself as a competition with others. It is worthwhile noting the times in a notebook or the log books for reference for the next gala/swim meet.
There were some disqualifications. And that is fine. It is all about learning. Please do ask the swimmer’s coach to find out why they were disqualified. This will help for the future. It might be something they never knew about. Regardless, the main thing is that they can learn from it.
Due to the low number of timekeepers, there was only one timekeeper per lane which made times less accurate for the swimmers and also caused a little bit of confusion with the positions a few times.
Please do consider timekeeping in future galas so that we can give the swimmers more accurate times.
Very well done to all those who won a ribbon. Times and placings will be posted for reference.
The club is planning to run a timekeepers course on Wednesday 20th June – 6.00-8.00pm at Brechin Community Campus.
The course consists of one theory session (in classroom) followed by a practical assessment (on poolside).
If you are interested please contact:
A great time was had at the first Menzieshill Whitehall Spring Development Meet on Sunday.
There were some medals and ribbons won plus some PBs massively improved upon.
- Maia Birse-Archbold got Silver in 100 Back with a 6 sec PB.
- Beth Greig got a ribbon for being 4th in 100 Breast.
- Nina Kerr got a 9 second PB for 100 Breast and a 7 second PB for 100 IM.
- Lilly Napier won a ribbon for being 4th in 100 Breast with a 6 sec. PB.
- Aaron Reekie got a 16 second PB for 100 Free and a ribbon for being 6th in 100 Breast.
- Kyle Simpson got Silvers for 100 Breast and 200 Breast.
- Jacob Smith got a 5 sec PB for 100 Breast. He was too fast (it is a Development Meet so you need to be below certain qualifying times) for the 100 Breast and 200 Breast so got a “speeding ticket” for both. This was even with his mum shouting at him to slow down. He did win the 200 Free too and got Gold for that!
- Ben Steel won Golds in 100 Free and 100 Back with a 9 sec PB for the Free. He also got Silver for 200 Free.
Very well done to all the swimmers who participated and thank you to the coaches and timekeepers.